Be-IT takes the pledge*
Posted on 8th October 2018
We are delighted and proud to announce that Be-IT has now signed up to the Scottish Business Pledge, a values-led partnership between the Scottish Government and business.
By signing up for the Pledge, we have committed to:
- Supporting sustainable business growth in Scotland.
- A voluntary code of business practice to guide and boost the future development of our company.
- A mutual pledge to ensure that prosperity, innovation, fairness and opportunity develop hand-in-hand in Scotland.
There are nine elements to the Pledge:
Paying the Living Wage
Not using Zero Hours Contracts
Diversity and Balanced Workforce
Investing in Youth
Companies wishing to join the scheme have to
- Ensure all employees (excluding Modern Apprentices and those under 18) are paid the Living Wage or above.
- Choose at least two of the other Pledge elements which they are already delivering.
- And finally, join the journey with other forward-thinking Scottish businesses – and with the Scottish Government and its partners – to take up the all the other commitments in due course to help bring your business to a different level.
We think this is a very worthwhile initiative and would encourage others to take part. If you want more information, it’s available at this link.
Michael Phair, Be-IT
* Given the nature of the recruitment industry there is very little chance of Be-IT taking the other pledge!
Posted in News, Recruitment News
.. Back to Blog