Be-IT Resourcing has been retained by one of Northern Ireland’s leading Managed IT Service providers to source a 1st Line IT systems engineer to work in their state of the art offices in County Down. This is a new opportunity within the division due to business growth. Since 1969, the company has been providing ‘best in class’ IT solutions for their customers across the UK. They are a multi-award winning organisation with the most recent being “Microsoft Hosting Partner of Year”. This is a testament to their hard work and expert training they provide to their staff on the latest infrastructure and cloud based solutions.
What makes this company different from others in the sector? Very simply, its key investment in their people. From day 1 within this company you will have a clear roadmap to success and internal promotion. With a range of training, company funded certifications and paths available in Microsoft, Citrix, IBM, Storage and security there are career pathways appealing to anyone looking to really advance their career and become a true subject matter expert within the company. You will initially become fully ITIL accredited and obtain two direct commercial technology accreditations, financial increase for each achievement on top of your lucrative base salary and that’s just the beginning.
If you are considering a career move in the Managed IT space and you would be interested in joining a great team this is definitely the role to apply for.
You will be working in a 1nd Line Infrastructure team working on projects for some of Northern Irelands best companies, many of which are household names. This position will see your technical exposure increase significantly and you will be surrounded by one of the best teams in the industry to work on the diverse range of client projects available and work on day to day IT support.
Key duties include:
- Working as part of a busy Infrastructure Support Team
- Providing 1st level technical support
- Primary point of contact for clients with ICT issues
- Logging & managing all calls to SLA on service management system from inception to successful closure; ensuring calls are handled correctly
- Deployment of PC’s, laptops, printers etc. for clients
- Completing hardware builds and upgrades under direction of other technical staff
- Implementing parts of technical infrastructure solutions for clients under direction of more senior staff
- Providing on-site client days as part of support contracts
- Managing & monitoring ICT systems and platforms, both internal & client
- Performing ICT maintenance for clients & on internal systems
- Referring client requests for advice & consultation to team lead/account manager where necessary
- Maintaining suitable lines of communication with all staff & clients by various means; email, meeting schedules, shared documents, Lync, phone, mobile etc.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a busy IT environment
- Experience of helpdesk operation and functions
- Strategic thinking with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent team working skills with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy in work
- Experience in the following technology areas (certifications highly advantageous);
Microsoft Windows Desktop, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, LAN/WAN architecture and technologies, Network security, Email Technologies, Backup Technologies and solutions, Anti Virus / Anti Spam Systems and security related products, Printer installation and troubleshooting.
- Good general level of education to include English & Maths GCSE
- Microsoft Certification – MCP / MCSA
- Experience of Networking Technologies
- Experience with Cisco hardware/technologies
- Interest in emerging technologies
There will be the opportunity to gain industry leading Microsoft and Citrix certifications, increase your professional status and avail from internal promotion opportunities.
Benefits: Base salary of £16,000 - £19,000 with life insurance, paid holidays, and a range of company perks including a dedicated training and certification plan including MCSA, ITIL and Citrix certifications with a pay rise on completion of each.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your cv and we look forward to speaking with you. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Tony Baker at Be-IT Resourcing on 02895 214076