Award winning Microsoft Gold Partner looking for a 2nd Line IT Systems Engineer keen to progress their career
Be-IT Resourcing has been retained by one of the UK’s leading Managed IT Service providers to source a 2nd Line IT systems engineer to work in their offices in Buckinghamshire. This is a new opportunity within the division due to business growth.
What makes this company different from others in the sector? Very simply, its key investment in their people. From day 1 within this company you will have a clear roadmap to success and internal promotion. With a range of training, company funded certifications and paths available in Microsoft, Citrix, IBM, Storage and security there are career pathways appealing to anyone looking to really advance their career and become a true subject matter expert within the company.
If you are considering a career move in the Managed IT space and you would be interested in joining a great team this is definitely the role to apply for. A key aspect of this role is that it is not just service desk based. You will be the face of the business, 25% of working week you will be out on client sites dealing with various infrastructure projects and working closely with other internal teams will provide you with excellent support.
You will be working in a 2nd Line Infrastructure team working on projects for some of UK’s best companies, many of which are household names. This position will see your technical exposure increase significantly and you will be surrounded by one of the best teams in the industry to work on the diverse range of client projects available and work on day to day IT support.
Key duties include
- Providing 2nd Level IT Support to the company’s client portfolio so that faults may be resolved.
- Implementing technical infrastructure solutions for company clients
- Managing & Monitoring IT systems and platforms
- Performing ICT Maintenance, either for clients or on internal systems.
- Learning and implementing emerging technologies
- On-site and off-site work for clients, dependant on their needs
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable 2nd line support experience in a similar role or an in-house position (internal IT systems engineer)
- Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange technologies.
- Cisco Networking and storage configuration experience desirable
- Experience working with Hyper-V or VMware virtualised solutions
- Previous Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA highly desirable
- Enjoy working with like-minded professionals as part of a team and enjoy helping others
There will be the opportunity to gain industry leading Microsoft and Citrix certifications, increase your professional status and avail from internal promotion opportunities.
Benefits: Base salary of £30,000 – £40,000 with life insurance, paid holidays, and a range of company perks.
For further information on this vacancy, please apply via the link below or contact Tony Baker in complete confidence on 02895 214076.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.