Be-IT Resourcing has been retained by one of Northern Ireland’s leading Managed IT Service providers to source a 2nd line IT systems engineer to work in their state of the art offices in County Down. This is a new opportunity within the division due to business growth. Since 1969, the company has been providing ‘best in class’ IT solutions for their customers across the UK. They are a multi-award winning organisation with the most recent being “Microsoft Hosting Partner of Year 2016”. This is a testament to their hard work and expert training they provide to their staff on the latest infrastructure and cloud based solutions.
What makes this company different from others in the sector? Very simply, its key investment in their people. From day 1 within this company you will have a clear roadmap to success and internal promotion. With a range of training, company funded certifications and paths available in Microsoft, Citrix, IBM, Storage and security there are career pathways appealing to anyone looking to really advance their career and become a true subject matter expert within the company. You will initially become fully ITIL accredited and obtain two direct commercial technology accreditations, financial increase for each achievement on top of your lucrative base salary and that’s just the beginning.
If you are considering a career move in the Managed IT space and you would be interested in joining a great team this is definitely the role to apply for.
You will be working in a 2nd Line Infrastructure team working on projects for some of Northern Irelands best companies, many of which are household names. This position will see your technical exposure increase significantly and you will be surrounded by one of the best teams in the industry to work on the diverse range of client projects available and work on day to day IT support.
Key duties include:
- Providing 2nd Level IT Support to the company’s client portfolio so that faults may be resolved.
- Implementing technical infrastructure solutions for company clients
- Managing & Monitoring IT systems and platforms
- Performing ICT Maintenance, either for clients or on internal systems.
- Learning and implementing emerging technologies
- On-site and off-site work for clients, dependant on their needs
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable 2nd line support experience in a similar role or an in-house position (internal IT systems engineer)
- Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange technologies.
- Cisco Networking and storage configuration experience desirable
- Experience working with Hyper-V or VMware virtualised solutions
- Previous Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA highly desirable
- Enjoy working with like-minded professionals as part of a team and enjoy helping others
There will be the opportunity to gain industry leading Microsoft and Citrix certifications, increase your professional status and avail from internal promotion opportunities.
Benefits: Base salary of £20,000 - £30,000 with life insurance, paid holidays, and a range of company perks including a dedicated training and certification plan including MCSA, ITIL and Citrix certifications with a pay rise on completion of each.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your cv and we look forward to speaking with you. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Tony Baker at Be-IT Resourcing on 02895 214076