Applications Developer – Contract – Glasgow
We are looking for an experienced, SQL focussed Analyst/Developer who is going ready to play a pivotal role in developing financial services systems on an initial 3 month contract basis.
Working as part of a talented team in a friendly, dynamic environment you will support and drive the development of new functionality, reporting solutions, troubleshooting issues and improving performance. This is a hugely important role that will require a multi skilled, creative problem solver with an excellent attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will join an agile project team tasked with delivering improvements to key systems. This is a rolling contract role that will require a multi skilled, creative problem solver with an excellent attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of the role :
- Liaising with business areas & leadership to establish & analyse requirements, design and develop solutions using reports, business objects and other software.
- Able to identify and feedback potential improvements to new and existing reporting & process solutions or system configurations.
- Integrating with other business areas to ensure completeness, data integrity & consistency
- Predicting, investigating & resolving issues pre and post production
Interested? Ideally you will already have the following skills & experience:
- You will be a proactive self-starter who is able to act on own initiative. You will have experience of working within an agile/scrum methodology and be able to work collaboratively with non-technical colleagues. Working with different data sources (e.g. Excel, Access, CSV files), you will have a passion for solving problems and coming up with creative solutions, have first class organisational skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience relating to maintenance of workflow systems, letter template design, system configuration is desirable.
- T-SQL skills desirable including scripting, creating and modifying Stored Procedures, views and functions. You should be able to read & write complex SQL queries using grouping and joins.
Desirable / useful;
- An understanding of object orientated design and its principles, how to read object orientated code – previous Java/C#/C++ coding experience would be beneficial or an interest in developing skills in object oriented language.
- Previous domain knowledge of the Pension industry would be beneficial but most important is a passion to learn quickly.
- Experience of Visual Basic for Applications, specifically around Microsoft Word.
- Previous experience or knowledge of Visual Studio .Net
About the Company
Organisation with offices across UK currently growing fast and actively strengthening IT team. They invest in very latest technologies and have forward thinking attitude to embracing latest ideas to enhance relationship with business. This role is in Glasgow city centre office and will be working with talented team of development and support professionals in supportive and collegiate environment that will challenge and reward. This is role suited to those passionate about technology eager to use problem solving skill to improve business processes.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.