Are you an Application Support Analyst with experience in Unix/Linux and SQL? Would you enjoy role in team working in a large and complex environment? Do you have background in Data Warehousing and Reporting and desire to work on exciting projects? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with one of Scotland’s biggest and fastest moving technology organisations to source an Application Support Engineer in role supporting data applications. This is team that leads the way in many areas of technology, from delivering business critical reports, to providing an elite data science and analytics platform for hundreds of users. Support these applications to a high standard could be your new role !
Your primary role will be to handle the on-going support of business applications and processes developed and supported mainly in-house
- Incident management and resolution, including root cause analysis and triage of issues
- On-call support across multiple systems and technologies
- Engage with 3rd parties to ensure speedy resolution of issues, and plan future releases
- Impact analysis of change requests, both for projects and small changes
- Proactive service improvement
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participation in Change Management processes
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be used to explain technical concepts
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Unix/SQL scripting
- Experience of a scheduling tool such as Control M
- Some experience of ETL tools such as Ab Initio/Informatica would also be desirable
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.