Supporting the company’s global sales and presales organizations, the position is responsible for leading a regional team of demo specialists/engineers who design, build and support demonstration and prototype systems for presentation to clients and prospects during sales engagements. As the application consultant for those systems, this role works directly with Solution Consultants on configuration and extension, tailoring demonstrations to particular sales opportunities as required.
- Code development for the core demo platform for the assigned product(s), e.g. new integrations between the client or with partner products.
- Development, testing and documentation of custom software extensions to the demo system, tailored to the specific needs of the prospective client.
- Configure/contribute and maintain simulated demonstration content (data/metadata) into the standard demo system for the assigned product(s).
- Maintain accurate information on running demo systems as they are brought up and down as a result of support tickets, custom requests and new releases; maintain efficient utilisation of hosting resources by ensuring demo systems are only left running as long as required.
- Set up dedicated copies of standard demo VM's for particular sales opportunities.
- Assist Solution Consultants with the setup of custom simulated demonstration content (data/metadata) tailored to specific sales opportunities.
- Investigate and progress Demo System Support tickets to resolution; includes working with Product House/Engineering via the RFA (product support ticket) process where appropriate.
- Maintain and enhance the internal tools and systems used within the team. E.g. Presales Community, SVN, DTSS, JIRA
Skills and Experience
Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Linux command line
- Windows server operating systems, Active Directory and Windows Security
- Administration and maintenance of Enterprise level applications
- HTTP servers such as Apache and IIS, including administration, security and lockdown
- Network communication and security—network structure (LAN, WAN), protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP etc.) and communication equipment functionality (hubs, switches, routers)
- Remote connection applications and techniques such as Citrix, VMware, RDP, VNC, VPN
- Source control tools such as SVN, CVS or GIT
- An interest in Usability and UI design
- Web scripting platforms such as PHP, ASP.Net, JSP and web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Java EE development
- Java EE servlet containers and application servers such as Tomcat and Weblogic Server
- Developing and using WCF/REST/SOAP web services
- Telecommunication systems – CTI, PBX, VoIP – including switches and protocols
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, NetMon, PerfMon, WinDBG
- Graphics and video editing tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite or Final Cut Pro
Please apply online for Immediate consideration or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org