Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for an Automation Test Engineer who is responsible for driving, developing, and executing the automation strategy for each release. The engineer writes code to test code. The Automation Engineer maintains knowledge of commonly used automation test concepts, practices, and procedures.
Functional and non-functional product testing, champions quality. Define automation testing strategy based on business value and code coverage for assigned features or product areas by collaborating and innovating with other team members to design, code, and execute automated tests. Write and maintain automation test scripts for functional, integration, and system tests. Create and maintain test harnesses or testing tools for API and service level tests. Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for Automation tests. Maintains and monitors test environments.
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent or relevant practical experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices.
- Understanding of software development and software development terminology is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Experience and knowledge of programming languages such as Java and SQL
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, python, and/or Java.
- RESTful services and similar related technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills.
- Has ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Ability to provide examples of collaborative, high performance team working
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand requirements
- Ability to work with customers and deliver to timescales
- Experience with a test case management system, defect reporting system, version control system
- Experience with administering and installing software on unix environments
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience identifying test conditions from a test basis and generating and documenting test cases
- Previous experience within a software testing role using tools such as Selenium Web Driver or Bash Script or Ant Script
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- ISTQB-ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or equivalent
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Experienced with Angular.js, jQuery, Appium and mobile automation solutions.
- Experience with one or more modern tools is preferred: Selenium, MSpec, SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Visual Studio Test Pro, GIT, SonarCube, or Jenkins.
- Understands how to measure and report code coverage and test coverage.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn