Be-IT is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for Technical Support Engineers.
The Technical Support Engineer is trained across the product Customer Engagement Solutions portfolio as required to undertake customer support activities.
The Support Team provides high class customer support on product suites such as:
Workforce Optimization - Recording, Workforce Management, Desktop and Process Analytics
Voice of the Customer - Speech Analytics, Enterprise Feedback Manager.
- Part of a team delivering Technical Support to our Customers and Partners
- Develop key skills and knowledge of applications.
- Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction through prompt, professional and knowledgeable assistance.
- Use the Incident Management System (IMS) to track Service Request activity, providing detailed updates to Customers on all service requests assigned to you.
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills - Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Carry out proactive monitoring of all service requests assigned to you with appropriate action taken to expedite closure.
- Liaise closely with the Tier 3 Development Teams to identify product defects.
- Research and investigate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on repeat issues and escalations
- Able to be professional and have timely management of personal work load covering multiple requests.
- Participate in Out of Hours support as directed and required and to undertake On Call duties if required.
- Identify, highlight, monitor and resolve project related issues.
- Communicate relevant issues both to Management, Support,
- Troubleshoot customers’ issues by being able to recreate in support lab environments and by diagnosing potentially complex issues & effectively communicate solutions to customers, and liaising with Product Development to identify product defects
- Provide QA input into product patches
- Install and maintain in-house environmental that allow for the reproduction and testing of customer issues
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within customer technical support or within a previous customer facing role.
- Experience supporting applications or infrastructure to “Blue Chip” enterprise customers, government agencies, IT professionals and partners
- Good interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Microsoft SQL Server: Transact-SQL and SQL Administration
- Knowledge of office software programs, e.g. Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques
- Experience of troubleshooting and resolving issues in an application support role
Experience of supporting external customers
- Clear understanding of enterprise applications and Microsoft environments
- Experience of TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, WMI, Single Sign On
- Experience of WebLogic, or alternative application servers – Jboss, WebSphere
- Experience of virtualization – VMWare vSphere, Citrix
- Experience of programming and debugging
Please apply online for immediate consideration.