Automation Test Engineer
Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for an Automation Engineer who will be responsible for driving, developing, and executing the automation strategy for each release. The engineer writes code to test code. The Automation Engineer maintains knowledge of commonly used automation test concepts, practices, and procedures.
Define automation testing strategy based on business value and code coverage for assigned features or product areas by collaborating and innovating with other team members to design, code, and execute automated tests. Write and maintain automation test scripts for functional, integration, and system tests. Create and maintain test harnesses or testing tools for API and service level tests. Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for Automation tests.
- Prevent Issues
- Test requirements and providing feedback on gaps, inaccuracies, inconsistencies, ambiguities, suggested improvements
- Contribute acceptance tests and regression tests appropriately
- Contribute appropriate automation of Integration and end to end scenarios
- Manage, configure and maintain test environments
- Execute new test cases
- Execute appropriate regression tests
- Agree acceptance tests with engineers and product owner before feature development
- Identify test conditions from any available test basis, and write test cases to cover test conditions
- Update test case management system to add new test cases, and update existing test cases as required
- Report issues in defect tracking system, providing good qualified information that will help with diagnosis and resolution
- Provide regular updates about self-development and learning needs to mentor / line manager
- Report daily progress of your tasks to your team lead
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices.
- Understanding of software development and software development terminology is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Experience and knowledge of programming languages such as Java and SQL
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, python, and/or Java.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills.
- Has ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Experience with a test case management system, defect reporting system, version control system
- Experience with administering and installing software on unix environments
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience identifying test conditions from a test basis and generating and documenting test cases
- Professional/Task Essential Experience:
- Previous experience within a software testing role using tools such as Selenium Web Driver or Bash Script or Ant Script
- ISTQB-ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or equivalent
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Experienced with Angular.js, jQuery, Appium and mobile automation solutions.
- Experience with one or more modern tools is preferred: Selenium, MSpec, SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Visual Studio Test Pro, GIT, SonarCube, or Jenkins.
- Understands how to measure and report code coverage and test coverage.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn