The Automation Engineer is responsible to help ensure the quality of products through test planning, test case creation, building test automation to validate new features, bugfixes, and perform pre-release regression testing.
Specifically, the Automation Engineer will develop test plans, create test cases, build and maintain automated tests for Predictive Experience “big data” chained-microservices platform using a Java-based API and services automation framework. In addition, the automation engineer will work with developers to design and maintain test data as well as perform general QA activities such as exploratory manual testing.
The desired candidate should possess knowledge of automated testing tools like TestNG, REST API testing and event-driven microservices architecture. This individual will be working with developers to build quality enterprise web applications in a fast-paced, customer centric, environment. Travel might happen only on rare occasions.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of QA experience in general.
- 2+ years of experience testing modern microservices-based applications, particularly in terms of API and integration testing.
- Strong experience with the Java programming language and using REST APIs.
- Experience with testing APIs using Postman and Postman collections.
- Hands on experience with automation frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, and RestAssured
- Working understanding of SQL used to validate data in databases.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts and make decisions based on given input.
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Successful completion of background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification.
- Successful completion of a credit check for travel related roles that will require the candidate to obtain the appropriate credit line required to travel.
- Understands the Agile development framework with emphasis in the Scrum methodologies.
- 1+ year of experience working in a Scrum team.
- Familiarity with tools used in scalable event-driven architectures such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, the ELK logging stack, etc.
- Familiarity with big data storage technologies such as Druid, Cassandra.
- Experience planning, creating, and managing data sets for testing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Sense of teamwork and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple product teams.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Please apply online