The Automation Engineer is responsible to help ensure the quality of products through test planning, test case creation, building test automation to validate new features, bugfixes, and perform pre-release regression testing.
Specifically, the Automation Engineer will develop test plans, create test cases, build and maintain automated tests for Predictive Experience “big data” chained-microservices platform using a Java-based API and services automation framework. In addition, the automation engineer will work with developers to design and maintain test data as well as perform general QA activities such as exploratory manual testing.
The desired candidate should possess knowledge of automated testing tools like TestNG, REST API testing and event-driven microservices architecture. This individual will be working with developers to build quality enterprise web applications in a fast-paced, customer centric, environment. Travel might happen only on rare occasions.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of QA experience in general;
• 2+ years of experience doing automated testing for modern SaaS web applications,
• Strong experience with the Java programming language as used in automated testing;
• Hands on experience with UI automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver
• Experience with testing REST APIs using tools such as Postman, RestAssured;
• Working understanding of SQL used to validate data in databases;
• Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts and make decisions based on given input;
• Strong time management, written and verbal communication, and analytical skills;
- Understands the Agile development framework with emphasis in the Scrum methodologies.
- 1+ year of experience working in a Scrum team.
- Familiarity with tools used in scalable event-driven architectures such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, the ELK logging stack, etc.
- Familiarity with big data storage technologies such as Druid, Cassandra.
- Experience planning, creating, and managing data sets for testing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Sense of teamwork and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple product teams.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Please apply online