One of our large financial services clients is looking for an AWS Cloud Data Engineer to work with a newly established team of Data Scientists in Edinburgh. This role will build, deploy, support and innovate with a team of data scientists on a new platform that is in its early stages.
If you have already worked with a team of data scientists in this type of role before then I’d love to hear from you. If not, give me a call and I’d be happy to talk you through the team's aspirations and what the Chief Data Scientist is looking to achieve for this role.
You will work with different parts of the business including technology, digital and analytical teams and be the engineer to support the data scientists and business across a variety of use cases that will stretch from ad-hoc advanced analytics solutions, small-scale bespoke dashboards to deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Build, support and maintain cloud-based Data Science Platform to build data science solutions modern software techniques and tools
- Work within agile squads in a multi-disciplinary
- Work closely with technology and data community to build capabilities, to mentor and influence more broadly the importance of data science
- ETL to bring data to the platform, structure it, clean and make it re-useable
What our client is looking for:
- AWS S3, Glue, Sagemaker
- AWS DynamoDB, AWS Aurora / AWS Athena
- Orchestration / AWS Managed Airflow
- Aspects of working with Cloud Security (IAMs / RBAC / Permissions)
- Understanding of Principles of Cloud Governance
- Data Lake engines & Lake House architectures
- Programming skills in at least one language (Python, would be great!)
It would be great if you had one of the below but our client is open to progressing you through one of these:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer = Associate
If you're curious about this role and would like to know more please call Michael Phair a call on 07534 454 637 or email an up to date CV to Michael.Phair@be-it.co.uk