Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a BI Architect.
The BI Architect will provide technical and administrative support to the BI platforms. The Architect will assist in the design and administration of the platforms, ensuring system performance and stability and oversight of BI operations.
Responsibilities and Experience
- Design, architect, deploy, and maintain Business Intelligence systems for the Cloud.
- Monitor the health and manage security of the BI environment.
- Help with internal reporting.
- Create and maintain documentation related to BI solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- 7+ years of technology experience working with various BI tools, including SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Micro Strategy, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of BI tool configuration, connectivity, and security models.
- Strong understanding of MS SQL Server database, row-level security, and other relational database/data warehouse concepts.
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS based solutions with emphasis on building an effective security model for separation of objects (data and analytics).
- Experience developing reports, dashboards, and data sources.
- Knowledge of AWS concepts.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate technical nuances of a tool effectively to peers and end users
- Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Preferred Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience working with SAP Business Objects, and Tableau Server.
- Expert knowledge with multiple successful implementations of SAP BusinessObjects, and Tableau Server.
- Expert knowledge of SAP Business Objects, and Tableau Server architecture, and administration.
- 5+ years of experience working with Tableau Desktop, extracts, and creating data sources on various sources of data.
- 5+ years of experience creating complex reports with Web Intelligence and creating universes with Universe Design Tool/Information Design Tool.
- Experience with cloud hosting, especially AWS. Active Certified Solution Architect certification is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with BI/Services teams across various product lines.
- Drive to update and keep the skills aligned with any improvements in existing and new BI technologies.
- Ability to understand existing processes and to suggest changes or enhancement to them to improve the product.
- Experience training end-users in using BI tools and help the internal training team in putting together training courses.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn