Are you an experienced BI Business Analyst with real passion for technology and experience working on complex datawarehousing projects? Would enjoy working on large, complex and fast moving projects in one of Scotland’s biggest technology companies? If so you may want to talk to us.
You will join the Technical Analysis team within Data Technology area and be involved in defining and managing requirements with the business and then developing requirements and specifications for proposed solutions If you want a role to challenge your skills and accelerate your career then few roles will offer more opportunity. You will also get chance to work with cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Define and manage project requirements by working with business departments to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter developing requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution.
- Owning the End-to-End Requirements Management Process for the project requirements throughout the project life-cycle.
- Supporting formal change management processes
- Define, develop and validate process improvements leading to the 'to-be' processes and business requirements according to agreed documentation standards.
- Capture and manage functional and non-functional system requirements according to agreed documentation standards.
- Carry out Impact Assessment from current to future state and contribute to estimates for the cost of the proposed changes.
- Help drive key data architecture and solution data modelling decisions by demonstrating a working understanding of the underlying data requirements, source systems and target business areas.
- Ensuring requirements are passed to development and test teams in an intuitive and consistent manner.
- Working within both development and test showing an excellent understanding of specification documents or test plans
- Operate as a product owner helping to define product vision and guide product development.
- Define and prioritise product features, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- In depth understanding of Business Intelligence best practice and principles
- Experience of data integration projects in a large scale environment
- Proven experience of analysis skills in the context of complex BI systems and prioritising business requirements against benefit
- Excellent at requirement gathering using various methods and styles coupled with a strong technical awareness to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical parties.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Proven knowledge and experience in Dimensional Modelling.
- Excellent people and communication skills and consistent high energy level
In addition to salary, there is the full range of benefits you’d expect from a company of this size and status.
To apply or for further discussion please feel free to call freddie kydd
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.