An absolutely fantastic opportunity for a talented and versatile BI Specialis who is looking to support the delivery and evolution of the Enterprise Data Services Department through designing and delivering a world class BI environment, whilst applying the most up to date technical expertise to support a BI Centre of Excellence strategy. Will be empowered to challenge the status quo, dream big and make a massive impact in the business intelligence domain across. Strive to deliver best-in-class BI solutions that simplifies and enhances daily jobs, placing the customer at the centre of everything we do. Be the subject matter expert and go to person for all BI related technical queries, standards (internal and industry wide) and best practices.
- Taking a lead on the design & implementation of data models & reporting developments to underpin the Bank's BI aspirations. Proactively work with the Data & Data Governance Heads of & key CIO stakeholders to define & agree modelling methodology for the Bank's BI estate. Understand business needs in order to develop the best fit BI & reporting requirements based on the underlying technology & consuming tool sets ie: the technical specialist. Working with the BI Solution Design team to aid in the delivery, reacting to any development problems or issues in a flexible and supportive way. Fully document the data model & marts through collaboration with the Data Governance team, ensuring that technical/business definitions tie up with the design & canon. Actively assisting with the wider Data & CIO Dep in developing and delivering the BI roadmap, providing a plan to model, design and deliver the reporting that the business needs for analysis and reporting which are accurate, perform well, of high quality and are well governed.
- Schema Development - Working with the Data Team, identify potential new data sources and assist with the integration of new data sources into the Datamarts / Warehouse. Identify and recommend data/table structures appropriate for the existing MSTR schema structure. Identify and create the relationships between data elements including parent/child and hierarchies. Create the necessary
- MSTR schema objects including Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Filters, Prompts, and Metrics.
- Content Development - Creation of reporting solutions tailored to the needs of business users.
- MSTR Web - Creation of Interactive Dashboards and Scorecards employing best design practices.
- MSTR Mobile (iOS) - Development/maintenance of customized MSTR App for iPhone/iPad.
- System Administration - Assist with the maintenance of the MSTR server infrastructure as needed. This includes software installation/configuration, upgrades, server tuning, and MSTR Mobile configuration.
- Custom Application Development - support the creation of customisations to both the Web and Mobile MSTR interfaces. Recommend process improvements to ensure MSTR queries running as efficiently as possible. Monitor BI/MSTR industry trends work with Management to prepare strategies to implement recommended design enhancements. Assist with the review of technical specification documentation as well as guiding less experienced members of the team through the process. Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the BI and related environments. Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work, be the subject matter expert. Promote BI benefits to the organisation and usage of our tools to relevant business groups. Guides the Data Engineering team in implementing architectural patterns and building scalable BI platform. Trains and mentors the BI Solution Design & Data team to implement Gap development standards and best practices. Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues impacting timely availability of data to business partners within established SLAs. Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with Architects and Data Engineering teams for ensuring the performance and health of BI applications. Participates in production migrations and upgrades, develops processes for sustaining the BI data platform.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of business intelligence development, preferably MicroStrategy
- 5+ years’ experience in advanced query development and design using SQL / SAS
- 2+ years’ experience data extraction transformation and loading experience.
- Strong Excel knowledge, Visual Basic would be beneficial.
- Problem solving: reporting queries & analysis
- Developing BI, Reporting, Scorecards and Dashboards solutions from business requirements.
- Stakeholder & Project Management
- BI technologies and architecture such as delivery mechanisms (i.e. portals, dashboards, OLAP), data model/architecture, data integration/ETL and reporting tools
- Change management & development life-cycle including Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn