This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow.
They are seeking a motivated and highly skilled C# Developer.
You will be using leading edge technologies, this is an interesting multi-dimensional role which requires a holistic view to build complex, high quality product features using the latest technologies and techniques.
Works with members of the QA, Architecture, Product Management and Support organizations and is responsible for development of high-quality software within the Product suite. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within agile software development. Can provide product area expertise and guidance to QA, documentation and support team members globally.
Responsible for creating software and unit test cases for assigned products, in a high-paced environment.
- The delivery of high-quality product features to customers in a productive manner.
- Development of product code within an agile process.
- Design and automate tests whilst working with QA to create effective test plans.
- Engage in some research of new technologies & architectures to improve product.
- Work independently and with a remote peer group.
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
A Software engineer/developer who is able to prove that they have either experience of, or a high technical aptitude for developing software at scale for more than 1.5 years is essential.
The ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of Agile working practices and methodologies is desirable. The ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills is essential.
The ability to demonstrate experience in the automation of Software testing and build systems is desirable. The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and associated cloud technologies is desirable. The ability to demonstrate experience of working on product software that is sold to either commercial or government customers is desirable.
The ability to demonstrate an appreciation of the Non-Functional requirements and how to meet them is desirable.
- Experience with C# and .NET framework is essential
- Working knowledge and experience of SQL is desired.
- Working knowledge and experience with Git or GitLab is desired.
- Messaging and Queuing patterns
- Modern REST API patterns
- Use interface design and implementation which ideally incorporates Responsive Design, progressive enhancement, accessibility, localization and internationalization
- TDD principles with nUnit or similar.
- UI test Automation.
- SQL Server or Oracle or MySQL
- The ability to demonstrate Design and architect tasks within a delivery plan is essential.
- The ability work independently and within development teams in an agile manner is essential.
- The ability work in a global environment and interface with remote groups is essential.
- The ability to contribute to a cross-functional team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives is essential.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle is essential i.e. design, develop, test, support
- Experience working cross-functionally using an agile methodology, such as SCRUM or Kanban is desired.
- Experience of implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipelines is desired.
- Experience using defect tracking tools and quality/test management tool such as Jira is desired.
- Good problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills that enable root cause analysis to be performed is desired.
- Experience with estimating engineering effort, prioritizing tasks, and capable of handling both standard planned projects and ad hoc support issues is desired.
If you think you would be well suited to this role and it's of interest, feel free to apply or send an updated copy of your C.V to email@example.com