C# Developer - Glasgow
Permanent - Full-Time
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Software Engineer who will participate fully in all the companies R&D activities. They will be involved in the development and support of product releases.
Identify related components and check for completeness of solutions, seeking assistance where required. Ensure quality of the feature being delivered, testing its functionality before it is verified / tested. Ensure the functionality is tested and working properly before final release.
Promote new functionality to team and wider audience. Consult with product management and quality assurance for clarification of requirements and timescales. Development of product enhancements within agreed timescales. Prioritises work effectively.Breaks tasks into smaller ones and sets milestones, identifies and plans for dependencies. Systematises routine work to ensure time can be spent on critical activities. Participate in team meetings. Participate in internal departmental activities – API / build reviews.
You'll be expected to have -
- A minimum of two year’s commercial experience working with relevant object oriented languages
- Experience of working with Java, C++ or .Net Development.
- Able to provide examples of collaborative, high performance team working
- Experience of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Linux operating system
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of JEE or .Net
- Knowledge of web application development
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility concerns
If you think you would be well suited to this role and it's of interest, feel free to apply or send an updated copy of your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org