Architect will have experience with creation defining architecture of cloud based services on at least one cloud platform such as AWS and has an excellent knowledge of general architectural patterns, and concepts, practices and keeps abreast of modern technology and approaches. The Architect will function as part of the team but it is expected they will operate with minimal supervision.
- Define the architecture of the common cloud platform services to meet the requirements defined by the product management team.
- Ensure the approach is viable, secure, performant, scalable, reliable, and cost effective.
- Ensures the approach will be applicable on various clouds including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud. Communicate and articulate the architecture clearly and concisely interacting effectively with team and other stake holders. Expressing the constraints and assumptions, including a view of operational cost.
- Provide and stimulate technical innovation.
- Work as part an engineering team executing the realization of the architecture.
- Champion the cloud development culture.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Work with development management to plan the work and assess and mitigate risks
- Interacts with product management to ensure that specifications functional and non-functional are satisfied by the architecture.
- Escalate urgent problems and issues to Engineering Management.
Skills and Experince
- At least 4 years of experience as a software architect.
- At least 1+ years of experience of architecting solution based on at least one of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills is essential
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies is essential.
- Experience building secure solutions is essential.
- Experience with compliances such PCI/GDPR/HIPAA is desirable
- Strong proficiency in Object Oriented analysis and design is essential.
- Strong development and programming background using Java or similar language is essential.
- Strong proficiency in both front end and backend development technologies including REST based web services is desirable.
- Experience of architecting micro services using spring boot and with docker containers is desirable.
- Experience of SSO solutions and IDPs such as Azure AD or OKTA and protocols such as SAML is desirable
- Experience analytic/reporting infrastructures and tools as such Power BI is desirable.
- The ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills is essential
Please apply online