The Cloud Platform Engineer works within the Cloud Operations team. The Cloud Platform Engineer will ensure, along with other team members that all hosted environments are available and that SLA’s are being met within relevant timescales.
Individuals will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, taking ownership of tasks and issues, and seeing them through to completion.
The Cloud Platform Engineer will work as a mentor to junior members of the team providing technical guidance, helping them learn operational excellence and how to deliver complex solutions.
Skill and Experience
- Either AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- 2 Years comprehensive hands on AWS experience
- DevOps methods and processes (incl. Config Management, virtualization, monitoring, code management)
- Building and maintaining close and productive customer relationships
- Maintaining virtualized, mixed OS environments on-premise, in private clouds and public clouds AWS, VMware or other hosting solutions
- Configuration managers (Chef, Puppet etc)
- Code managers (Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc.)
- Oracle DB, MS SQL Server or MySQL
- Linux, Unix, Windows Server Edition
- Apache Tomcat, haproxy, IIS
- Application Servers (WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss)
- Jreports, Solr or BI
- WebServices (SOAP/REST)
- Enterprise Schedulers (e.g. Rundeck, Tidal)
Please Apply online