Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Cloud Operations Engineer.
The Individual will be a part of the Cloud Operations Team focused on our clients Voice of Customer Business Unit. The team is responsible for maintaining 24 x 7 production environments hosted in US, EU, Canada and Australia. The team participates effectively in SaaS incident management processes, in maintaining product service-level agreements (SLA), and in delivering a high-level of systems and networking availability and redundancy.
Facilitating proactive measures to ensure systems availability. Maintenance of production, DR, and UAT instances. Monitoring of production systems from availability/performance/stability point of view. Participate in incident management remediation, lead and work to resolve ongoing related issues/crisis. Work closely with other peers, managers and team leaders in SaaS Operations/R&D/QA and other customer facing teams. Working closely with SaaS Security Operations to implement security standards, including vulnerability management. Work with the Compliance and Risk Management teams to determine applicable compliance requirements and work to ensure full compliance. Assist in the planning, designing, and implementation of new SaaS initiatives. Maintains data
- 3year minimum experience in systems engineering / ops engineering role
- Must have experience in the following
- Database light admin, performance tuning, strong SQL
- Configuration management language – ideally ansible, chef / terraform are acceptable
- Cloud platform experience - ideally AWS (lambda / s3) – google / azure acceptable
- Operating systems – linux + windows admin
- Scripting experience – ideally ruby / python / powershell – bash acceptable
- SQL administrative skills (MSSQL, MySQL and/or Postgres);
- Elasticsearch administration skills;
- Expertise with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), User Interface (UI) and Mobile Architectures is highly desired; experience with Data and Globalization would be helpful
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn