Are you looking for a cloud solutions architect role, where you can innovate, achieve, grow and Lead? Are you passionate about cloud technology (Azure/AWS) and can demonstrate to clients the benefits of cloud technology, then read on this may be the role for you!
Be-IT is working in close collaboration with a leader in exploration geology and geophysics applications for use in oilfields. They have a comprehensive portfolio combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation; this company enables its clients to make the best use of technology and increase their ROI.
You will join and take the lead role in introducing cloud technology and its implementation across the business, creating robust solutions and educating the internal clients on how cloud technology can make them more productive.
To be successful in this role you will need experience of
- Proven experience in Cloud/IT/Networking/Operating systems.
- Desirable Experience of Azure and AWS cloud provider technologies and deployment techniques including PowerShell
- Systems knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking – firewalls, traffic flow, security, switches
- Security – authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, LDAP, SAML, domain group policies
- Storage – file systems, DR, backups, data lakes, Hadoop
- Web technologies – IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, NodeJS, SharePoint
- Databases – Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLServer. SQL scripting and database administration
- Encryption – SSL, encoding/decoding
- Virtualisation – Hyper-V and VMWare experience, virtual appliances, VDI technologies
- Container/Docker technology – hyper-virtualisation and micro-services experience
- Server Operating systems - Windows, RHEL 6 and 7 system administration
- Graphics rendering technologies
- Thin-client technologies – XenApp, Horizon
- Programming – Python, Java, Linux BASH, PowerShell
It would be advantageous if you had experience in the oil and gas industry and particularly with data management – knowledge of data types, nomenclature and governance across domains e.g. wells, seismic, production and drilling.
On top of a competitive salary, our client offers a fantastic benefits package. More importantly, you will have an opportunity to build a wide and diverse career within the organisation where employees are valued exclusively by their skills and can learn and progress in a collaborative and friendly environment.
Please apply online or send your CV to Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susie on 0131 344 4790 for further information.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news daily on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and LinkedIn