Do you want to work with one of the fastest growing Cognos Business Partners in the UK? A Cognos Analytics (BI) Developer is required to join an Edinburgh business that has been creating cutting-edge solutions for almost a decade and are continuing to grow nationwide.
Businesses no longer require more data and more information, they require accurate insight and meaning from the data they already have, and our client works to provide better understanding, more knowledge, increased support and further answers from existing data.
What our client does is take data that a customer’s business has from its various systems, piece it together like a jigsaw and predict problems and enable the business to pre-empt and prevent problems.
Their real value add is to help customers reveal what they don’t know before it’s too late to prevent.
Our client is always looking for fresh, new minds to challenge how they do things and create a constant exchange of knowledge.
The role available:
This is a key role which is devoted to assisting their reputable, blue-chip clients across multiple sectors in overcoming information management challenges and revealing the capability of their data.
The role requires experience of Cognos BI tools, related database skills (specifically SQL), excellent communication skills and be highly proficient at interfacing with businesses to understand the commercial objectives of their work. It is important that candidates for this role are comfortable and capable in adapting to both technical and business clients as well as being able to work independently and travel to different customer sites in the UK.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support and diagnose on existing Cognos BI installations.
- Complete and test appropriate remedial work on existing installations.
- End-user report development from requirement gathering to design, build, test, deploy and document.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Assess and report work progress against plans.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK.
Preferred technical skills:
- Experienced in some of the following BI tools - IBM Cognos 8/10/11 suite, IBM Cognos Report Studio, IBM Cognos Framework Manager, IBM Cognos Analysis Studio, IBM Cognos Metric Manager, IBM Cognos Query Studio, IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced. IBM Cognos Data Manager/Decision Stream, Infosphere Datastage.
- Database skills – SQL Server, DB2, Oracle.
- Ability to self-manage and work without direct supervision.
Our client will offer you a competitive salary depending on your experience, fantastic support from a friendly team to help you achieve your goals and supersede your potential and, as part of one of the UK’s largest plc’s, a whole load of extras, including a pension scheme, share save scheme, private healthcare and a range of optional benefits.
To apply please send your CV to Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susie on 0131 344 4790