Are you an experienced Coldfusion developer looking for a great contract opportunity with a highly recognised public sector client in the heart of Glasgow? This is a great opportunity to work as part of a development team going through rapid change and add a highly recognised public body to your growing contract portfolio. An initial 3 month contract which is expected to last for at least 6 months or more and an excellent contract rate to attract the best junior or senior Coldfusion developers, we can accommodate!
You will be an experienced developer with an eye for detail, enjoy working in a relaxed environment with like minded professionals and have strong communication / interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for
- Developing and maintaining the existing suite of applications as part of the application development team.
- Provide services within budget guidelines and to agreed service levels to support the specific needs of the organisation and other defined user groups.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Use User\Project Groups as a forum for reaching consensus or agreement among all relevant key stakeholders regarding the organisation of information and look and feel of the end product.
- Perform coding to technical specifications and frameworks.
- Liaise with database developers to ensure required development of the underlying databases, integrating with any existing data structures.
- Support the creation, documentation, and implementation of test plans and scripts.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training for staff on the use of web sites and web application software.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Ensure smooth transition from test to live environment of all development work.
- At least 2 years+ experience in Adobe Coldfusion / CFML
- An understanding of application development including architecture, debugging, accessibility and cross browser/cross platform compatibility
- A knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL query statements and functions.
For an informal discussion, please call Tony Baker on 07703 699099 / 0141 314 3978. To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.