Data & Analytics Manager
My client, a global consultancy business are investing heavily across the Data Science realm here in Scotland and are building a new team who will be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow depending on preference.
Within this team you will be responsible for delivering crucial insight through data analytics, advanced modelling and data visualisation. You will also help our clients to establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information, as well as assuring that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted.
As a Manager you will be responsible for both the analytics team and have full autonomy over your clients. The team currently has a number of projects on-going which they would need your support in delivering. Another aspect of this role is that the team needs to be continually winning new business, your support with this is essential. As this is an analytics team, you should have an understanding of technical aspects such as SQL Server development as well as data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Qlikview. A background in Data Science would also be highly advantageous, (R/Matlab/Python).
· Background and track record of technical experience in data mining and how this can be used for assurance / auditing or adding value to a client - e.g. Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
· Analytical skills - Understands and can describe typical issues surrounding the quality of data within business systems and how these can be resolved.
· Evidence of interpersonal skills – specifically a high level of interaction with business and not focussed on a back office technical role.
· Evidence of working to budgets and deadlines as part of day to day or a project role.
· The ability to work flexibly and effectively in different teams for varying periods of time whilst still building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
· Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
· Must be able to articulate a business issue and potential impact without resorting to technical language
· Some knowledge of finance/accounting, although not essential.
· Ability to multi task.
· Microsoft BI Stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, MS Excel and MS Access
· Good working knowledge of ACL, VBA
· Knowledge of an ERP e.g. SAP or Oracle
· Data Visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau
If this role is of interest please apply or for more details pop me a call on: 01413709924