Data Consultant - Edinburgh
Would you enjoy a technically varied role working as data consultant with customers based in banks across the globe? Would you like a role in tight knit team which tests your analytical and problem-solving skills on a daily basis? Would you like opportunity to gain technical skills complex database tools which would build foundation for fantastic career? Then this is amazing opportunity in a fast growing fintech organisation that you may well want to discuss in more detail.
About the role
You will join an industry leader in design and delivery of financial planning models to the banking sector. These models optimise business performance through enhanced decision making driven by data analysis and insights. The purpose of this role is to develop efficient and effective financial models using OLAP technology. This may be independent work, or as part of a team working on a larger project.
This will involve;
- Working with colleagues and counterparts in client organisations to understand and map out data requirements and calculation logic.
- Translating data and calculation logic requirements to model design.
- Building model, including gate stage sign offs of prototypes during development, and testing at all stages.
- Writing user guides and delivering training to client organisation where required.
- Providing support and ongoing training after go live
- Strong mathematical background and degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Maths, accounting, Finance, Computing or Business Management)
- Previous work experience in a data analytics role.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to build rapport with team members and clients.
- Able to interrogate and understand complex business data requirements to build an analytical model that will deliver the relevant insights.
- Accuracy and attention to detail throughout the end to end process.
- Previous experience of OLAP technology or similar would be very beneficial (tools such as Hyperion, TM1, Anaplan)
- Some experience in the banking or financial services sector also beneficial
Working from a modern open-plan office in Edinburgh city centre you will also be given the opportunity of international travel.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.