Data Engineer – Central Scotland
Oracle / Unix / PL/SQL / Python / Big Data e.g Hadoop, Hive Spark, Cloud based tech
Are you a Database development IT professional looking for new challenge? Would you like to move your career into the fast lane in one the most dynamic technology companies in Scotland? If so this role will offer you challenges and rewards that will take your career and skills to new levels, get in touch to discuss in further detail.
You will join a large and skilled team leading the way when it comes to providing data solutions. They have developed powerful, large-scale consumer data sets, combining detailed consumer behaviours with transactions, interactions, profiles, needs, attitudes and preferences. As a member of this development team you be responsible for analysing developing, testing and deploying cutting edge solutions.
This will include;
- Producing deliverables that follow the development standards and principles.
- Producing a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
- Adhering to the end to end change process and raising appropriate paperwork
- Working with and assisting other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input.
- In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of managing them
- Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS and of Netezza
- Experience of Unix scripting
- Experience in an ETL tool-preferably Ab Initio or Informatica but not essential.
- Experience in Python, Java or Spark- desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
About the Company
Technology driven organisation with offices across UK currently growing fast and actively strengthening IT team. They invest in very latest technologies and have forward thinking attitude to embracing latest ideas to enhance relationship with business. This role is in Central Scotland and will be working with talented team in environment that will challenge and reward. This is role suited to those passionate about technology eager to use problem solving skills to improve business processes.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.