Be-IT are partnered with a market-leading data consultancy to help them to recruit several data engineers. The core aim of this business is to create the largest UK independent data and analytics specialist, focused on delivering against the promise of the 4th industrial revolution. They believe that data that doesn't drive value is lost opportunity, and they are passionate about helping their clients drive better outcomes through applied analytics.
We are looking for someone who is ready for the next step in their career and is excited by the idea of solving problems and designing solutions using cutting-edge tools. However, you also need to be aware of the practicalities of making a difference in the real world.
A Data Engineer is someone who feels the most comfortable around solving problems, answering questions and proposing solutions. They place a high value on the ability to communicate and translate the technically complex into non-technical and commercially oriented concepts.
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering and working closely with the Data Science and Business Development teams, this role will be responsible for driving high delivery standards and innovation in the company. Typically, this involves delivering data solutions to support the provision of actionable insights for stakeholders.
As the Data Engineering team grows, the role will include mentoring others within the team and leading project teams.
What can you expect from the role?
- Preparing and presenting data-driven solutions to clients and senior stakeholders
- Design, develop and deploy and maintain ingestion, transformation and storage solutions
- Use a variety of Data Engineering tools and methods to deliver
- Own projects end-to-end
- Contributing to proposal submissions and business development initiatives under the direction of the Leadership team
- Supporting the development of the data engineering team
- Support in the road-mapping of data engineering projects
- Recommend new tools to improve the current tech-stack and solve data needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of data ecosystems and trends
What you need to have (some, but not all):
- 2+ years’ experience as a Data Engineer, ideally with exposure to Azure / AWS / GCP
- 2+ years’ experience of Python development
- Working knowledge of large-scale data such as data warehouses and their best practices and principles in managing them
- Experience with development, test and production environments and knowledge and experience of using CI/CD
- ETL technical design, development and support
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing and database operation, management & design
- Experience in deploying and maintaining data solutions and pipelines to support Analytics/Data Science workflows
Please apply, or contact Euan at Be-IT on 0131 344 4802 or email@example.com for more information.