A global media and entertainment company have recently opened a new tech hub in Glasgow and are looking for great people to join their team. With a company motto of "it's how you make people feel" you can be safe in the knowledge you are joining a company and team that care about their people! They look to support their colleagues both professionally (paying for AWS certifications) and personally.
As a Data Engineer with this company you will be responsible for building and evolving key data platform services. This is an exciting opportunity to use and develop your technical expertise to work alongside the Data Analytics and Warehouse teams to deliver cutting-edge and innovative data products across the business.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Play a central role in crafting and defining our data architecture at a pivotal time for data strategy
- Work with a team of data specialists, passionate about building scalable data services and pushing towards making them an outstanding data business
- Getting training and hands-on experience on the latest tools and technologies such as AWS, Databricks, Snowflake etc.
In the first few months, you would have
- Shown passion to research and apply the latest data tools and techniques in the market.
- Applied sound standard methodology in deploying data services; appreciating potential impact to reliability, accuracy and cost
- Shown understanding of how and why data services are applied in various business contexts
- Contributed to the development of our batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Become immersed within a data domain and be partnering with the business to deliver trusted data products.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Skilled in a programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- A proven background with SQL databases
- Proficiency with cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Proficiency with structured or custom ETL management (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and Continuous Delivery
- Understanding of building and deploying highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, transformation and loading of datasets
Bonus Points for:
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications
- Large-scale streaming data (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Monitoring data reliability and infrastructure performance
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and continuous integration (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
If this sounds like the right role for you, then please get in touch with Christina Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information