3 Month Contract + extensions
You will engage in a transformation project and work within a scrum team to support re-platforming programme within one of the world’s leading data analytics and consultancy businesses.
You will join a scrum team of data engineers and software developers to assist in the re-platforming of the data and analytics platform. You will design, prototype and productise data pipelines that are used both internally and externally for making decisions.
- Experience of building production data pipelines using a variety of technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Athena…) to deliver data in a variety of formats
- Experience of building and running Real-time data streaming solutions using technologies like Kafka or Kinesis
- Hands on experience with schema/message design and modelling
- Expert knowledge of at least one RDBMS system (SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience of working as part of high performing engineering team that processes data at scale.
- Strong understanding of the principles of test-driven development and agile methodologies
- You have strong views on how technology can improve decision making through automated data processes.
- Understanding of continuous delivery and approaches to continuous integration.
- Strong knowledge of security and performance concerns.
It would be advantageous if you had knowledge of Microservices
Please apply online or send your CV directly Susie.Toner@be-it.co.uk call on Susie 0131 344 4780 for further details and immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news daily on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.