Data Engineer – SQL Server - Glasgow
Are you a Data Engineer with SQL Server skills looking to move career forward in exciting new role with growing technology organisation in Glasgow City centre? Would you like to increase your skills with Azure DW/Analytics toolset? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing’s client has role in Technology team that will sit between Software Engineers and Data Scientists modernising the data storage, analytics and reporting. This will give you chance to further developer your skills in data engineering and business intelligence. You will also have the opportunity to use the most up to date range of Microsoft products including Azure.
Role will involve;
- designing and implementing systems to effectively handle large volumes of data and integrate cleanly with other systems.
- strategic management of the data ecosystem; to increase automation and take ownership of complex data sets that drive a large variety of business use cases.
- taking a pragmatic, well-structured approach to designing and developing solutions while keeping in mind the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
We are considering candidates with:
- Experience building robust production ready, scalable data pipelines
- Familiarity with optimising strategies, pipeline architectures, data sets and ETL/ELT processes
- Understanding and experience of provisioning APIs for data consumption
- Background in SQL Server 2012+, including TSQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Experience in SQL Database troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
Any experience in any of the following also desirable
- Understanding and experience of using Azure Cloud PaaS
- Experience using BI visualisation tools such as Power BI or similar
- Interest in the Microsoft Azure DW/Analytics toolset, including Azure DW, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Databricks
- Familiarity with modelling and data science practices and languages such as R
- Confidence to engage constructively in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous delivery, agile methodologies and ‘dev ops’ practices
If you want the chance to progress your career in a supportive and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.