Would you like to work with one of Scotland’s biggest and fastest moving technology organisations? Are you an experienced Test Engineer with real passion for technology and experience working on complex data warehousing projects?
You will join the Test Team within Data Technology area and be involved in defining, estimating, planning and executing manual and automated test scripts. If you want a role to challenge your skills and accelerate your career then few roles will offer more opportunity.
- Produce documentation that states clearly the scope of the test coverage
- Document and validate all gaps, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with mitigation.
- Ensuring consideration is given to the use of automation for test scripts or data creation
- Ensuring independent, documented quality peer reviews are undertaken
- Ensuring that regression test scripts are maintained in line with ongoing changes to the platform
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input and with the mentoring of associate testers and colleagues during the project lifecycle
- SQL skills
- Experience of Unix or python scripting
- Understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their standard methodology and principles of managing them
- Comfortable with developing testing capability in automation frameworks
- Technology background that includes as many as possible of - Selenium, Cucumber, LeanFT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence technical decisions in a dynamic commercial environment.
To be considered for this position or for more information please get in touch with Neil Paylor on 0131 344 4783 or at firstname.lastname@example.org