Data Integration Consultant - Edinburgh
Would you enjoy a technically varied role working as data consultant with customers based in banks across the globe? Would you like a role in tight knit team which tests your analytical and problem-solving skills on a daily basis? Would you like opportunity to gain technical skills in complex database tools? Then this is amazing opportunity in a fast growing fintech organisation that you may well want to discuss in more detail.
About the role
You will join Edinburgh team of an industry leader in the design and delivery of financial planning models to the banking sector. These models optimise business performance through enhanced decision making driven by data analysis and insights.
The purpose of this role is to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, documentation and problem resolution. Create and maintain the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, review and move data and metadata to the appropriate data store. Review business problems and design appropriate solutions using various ETL toolsets.
This will involve;
- Work with data integration team to collaboratively develop new and enhance existing data integration solutions.
- Document current processes clearly and concisely and suggest areas of improvement for consideration.
- Ability to learn new technologies, software, and methodologies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Maths or other IT related degree)
- Database development experience with RDBMS systems such as Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL (especially complex querying)
- Experience working with data hierarchies - being able to query and map data both up and down hierarchical data
- Experience of OLAP technology or similar would be very beneficial.
- Ideally worked in the banking or financial services sector
- Demonstrate proficiency with data integration and configuration/ ETL
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership for all activities
Working from a modern open-plan office in Edinburgh city centre you will also be given the opportunity of international travel.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to Freddie Kydd. If you have additional questions and wish to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, feel free to give Freddie a call for further details.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.