Data Integration Consultant - Edinburgh
Would you enjoy a technically varied role working as data consultant with customers based in banks across the globe? Would you like a role in tight knit team which tests your analytical and problem-solving skills on a daily basis? Would you like opportunity to gain technical skills complex database tools which would build foundation for fantastic career? Then this is amazing opportunity in a fast growing fintech organisation that you may well want to discuss in more detail.
About the role
You will join an industry leader in design and delivery of financial planning models to the banking sector. The purpose of this role is to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, documentation and problem resolution. Create and maintain the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, review and move data and metadata to the appropriate data store. Review business problems and design appropriate solutions using various ETL toolsets.
This will involve;
- Work with data integration team to collaboratively develop new and enhance existing data integration solutions.
- Document current processes clearly and concisely and suggest areas of improvement for consideration.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Maths or other IT related degree)
- Able to interrogate and understand complex business data requirements to build data feeds to support analytical models.
- Database development experience with RDBMS systems such as Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL (especially complex querying)
- Experience working with data hierarchies - being able to query and map data both up and down hierarchical data
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to flex style in order to build rapport with team members and clients.
- Accuracy and attention to detail throughout the end to end process.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership for all activities
- Ability to learn new technologies, software, and methodologies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
Working from home at moment, in the future this would be based in a modern open-plan office in Edinburgh city centre, you will also be given the opportunity of international travel.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.