An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Management Lead, based with an exciting financial services company in Edinburgh. The Data Management Lead will lead practices of data lineage, definitions and quality. Create, implement and manage processes aligned to policies and standards to ensure the company has well understood, good quality data. Working with the business and technical stakeholders to ensure Critical Data is identified, defined, owned and quality is managed. Leading and developing Data Management Analysts to support the data management strategy and maintain efficient operation of data management processes.
- Leading the implementation and operation of data catalogue and quality processes.
- Coaching and supporting Data Management Analysts with data quality, lineage and definition capabilities.
- Developing relationships across Data Engineering and wider stakeholders to support the ingestion of data in a controlled manner.
- Build and embed data management processes within build and change processes within EDS and wider IT departments.
- Building and embed data management related artefacts such as standards, and operational processes.
- Building data quality rules and ensure reporting is implemented, delivering to key stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining the Data Catalogue, ensure definitions are captured, lineage is maintained and Stewards and Owners are assigned.
- Building and maintaining the reporting of data management and quality related KPIs.
- Identification and reporting of data management and quality issues, facilitating resolution of issues with data owners or other responsible parties.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of data quality & definition activities across the bank.
- Support the DGO in identification & management of operational data risks and controls.
- Promoting and facilitating the sharing of data knowledge across the bank and advising / supporting on change relevant to data.
- Providing coaching and support to the business and supporting them based on operating responsibilities.
- Source or define common definitions for retail banking terms
- Building and maintaining corporate data dictionaries
- Ability to understand and document the meaning and purpose for business concepts including aggregated and derived elements
- Ability to source and define reference data elements
- Understanding of, and ability to document, metadata including e.g. concepts of format, length, classification, usage, value ranges, maximums and minimums, criticality
- Ability to analyse and document data lineage back to sources
- Ability to define and execute data profiling scripts to enable the establishment of baselines for data quality, completeness and data characteristics
- Understanding of data quality dimensions and sub dimensions around accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Ability to identify, document, codify, implement and maintain business rules and thresholds to test data quality
- Ability to work with both end users and IT to develop and delivery dashboards and reporting around data quality
- Experience defining and executing User Acceptance Test plans
- Familiarity with data quality issues management processes including definition of issues, management of issues and coordinating with stakeholders to ensure resolutions
- Ability to assist business users of data to understand and document the impacts and benefits associated with remediation of data quality issues
Business User Guide
- Ability to build, maintain, communicate and evangelise on the benefits of a comprehensive and evolving user guide for end users of data services
- Knowledge of the processes and fundamental components of managing Card, Loan, Overdraft and Current Account products
- An appreciation for Retail Banking concepts
- Understanding of the purpose and processes utilised within an analytics department
- Understanding of industry practises associated with analytics within banking
- Understanding of how analytical environments and IT environments typically interact
- Understanding of the principles of business process design
Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Understanding of how BI and reporting solutions are defined and delivered
- Familiarity with the data constraints commonly associated with such activities
- Knowledge of Data Governance concepts and principles
- Experience of BCBS239 implementations
Data Governance tools
- Familiarity and experience using tooling for data dictionaries / glossaries, data lineage, data quality and data profiling
- Familiarity and understanding of the principles and benefits behind conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
- An appreciation of typical systems architecture within a retail banking environment
- Ability to converse with technical staff on the identification of data sources, the workings of ETL layers, database designs and
- Knowledge and experience of delivery within a Cloud environment
SAS / SQL
- Experience using either SAS tooling or developing SQL based queries
- Ability to understand and decipher analytical code and derivations
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn