An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Operations Analyst to schedule, operate and automate the data flows and data acquisition processes to deliver well structured, efficient and well performing data marts to drive business analysis and processes.
Supports the Data Operations Manager in day to day operations of the Data Operations area, working to agreed deadlines and ensuring that EDS process run within SLA's. Actively seek to identify and manage emerging risks or issues within the area, escalating to the Data Operations Manager/Leads as appropriate.
- Scheduling, automating and operating the processes to build the business data marts and data assets that will drive the BI, Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Analytics activities for the organization.
- Making DE as efficient as possible! Lead and drive the monitoring and analysis our processes to ensure they are completely automated and timed to perfection. Design and help create controls that allow the area to manage by exception.
- Being a member of a team of process driven experts who balance complex batch interactions as well as streamline and automate manual and inefficient processes. Showcase your flexibility by working with on-shore and off-shore colleagues to best effect.
- Helping deliver EDS data within the SLA's and KPI's agreed. Create the processes to record everything from the timeliness and integrity of our data to those of our suppliers. Be creative, making transparent and easily understood reports and interfaces which evidence how good we are or which hold us (and our suppliers) to account.
- Being on the front line of Data Engineering operations. Interface with BI and other business facing teams in order to help ensure that we give the best service possible.
- Assisting in the automation of everything. Acquire and automate inefficient processes from EDS and the wider businesses which generate data using innovative application of existing technology. Take your lead from the Data Engineering Manager/Leads, working with other EDS teams as appropriate.
- Helping Data Operations deliver the control framework for Data Engineering. Manage our Risk profile by ensuring that we have effective controls across all aspects of our data ecosystem. Help ensure that evidence of their effectiveness is captured and available to evidence how good we are at what we do! Help lead in defining what good looks like in the data world.
- Assist the Data Operation Manager and Leads in engaging with CIO to help coordinate upstream CIO batch and database efficiency in order to ensure that EDS can get its data created for the business as quickly as possible.
- Subject matter expert.
- Results driven
- Excellent people skill
- Able to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to adapt to a changeable environment.
- An eye for detail, striving for accuracy.
- Automation Skills
- SAS & ETL
- Batch Scheduling and Support
- Continuous Improvement
- Reporting and Dashboarding
- Stakeholder Management
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn