Data Scientist – Dundee
Are you looking for a role in fintech start up that can offer variety, challenges and excellent opportunity to further develop skills? Would you embrace chance to join small team on an exciting journey? Then you may want to talk to us about this role.
They require someone who is motivated to use Data Science skills to work alongside a growing software development team. They are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, flexible and enjoys working in a positive and supportive team environment. This is an opportunity to get involved in an exciting new company with opportunities to develop further your Data Science skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage and undertake quantitative analysis project work and reporting using a variety of software/languages
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform qualitative research including one-to-one interviews and focus groups
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Keep abreast of new developments and applications of statistics
- Identify personal training, career growth, development needs and opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in an analytical role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical subject (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Psychology, etc…)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience of initiating and managing data analysis projects
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a flexible environment with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Stakeholder management experience
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as R, SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- A keen interest in software with a willingness to learn.
- Should enjoy working with code and have a desire to build, test and fix things.
- Flexible and adaptable when working within a small team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good initiative.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or call Freddie Kydd for further discussion
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and LinkedIn