Are you looking for a challenging role in Data Science? Do you want to innovate, achieve, grow and Lead? Are you passionate about new technologies such as Natural Language Processing and Text data mining and want to design new data science solutions for use in exploration and production, then read on this may be the role for you!
Be-IT is working in close collaboration with a leader in exploration geology and geophysics applications for use in oilfields. They have a comprehensive portfolio combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation; this company enables its clients to make the best use of technology and increase their ROI.
You will join an established team as a senior data scientist, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of solutions aimed at improving subsurface interpretation workflows for both internal and external customers. You will also lead innovation on Natural Language Processing and Text Data Mining. You must have demonstrable commercial experience in data science.
To be successful in this role you will need experience of
- A strong background in data analysis, statistics and machine learning.
- Experience of Text Data Mining and Natural Language Processing
- Excellent technical experience with scientific programming languages (ideally Python).
- Experience in using common data science libraries (e.g. pandas, NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, nltk, matplotlib, tpot, keras, tensorflow, etc.).
- Proficiency in geospatial data analysis.
- Proficiency in query languages (SQL).
- Ability to communicate your work and ideas with specialists and non-specialists.
- Willingness to learn about fundamental geoscientific concepts and collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, following through from start to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working in remote teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience with geoscience data types (LAS, SEG-Y, etc.) and databases (OpenWorks, Recall, etc.)
- Experience in geological, petrophysical and geophysical data interpretation.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience of deploying and scaling machine learning algorithms in a production environment.
- Experience with graph databases/semantic data models.
- Experience of working in Agile Scrum product development methodology.
On top of a competitive salary, our client offers a fantastic benefits package. More importantly, you will have an opportunity to build a wide and diverse career within the organisation where employees are valued exclusively by their skills and can learn and progress in a collaborative and friendly environment.
Please apply online or send your CV and portfolio to Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susie on 0131 344 4790 for further information.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news daily on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and LinkedIn