Love to problem solve? Experienced in Machine Learning, Algorithms? Want to be involved in industry disruptive technologies.
Be-IT’s client is building Artificial Intelligence focussed on optimising large-scale project delivery. They are changing the consulting industry and need passionate and experienced people to join them.
Our client’s customer-facing teams provide consultancy support to a range of different clients on all aspects of data – from cradle through to grave. They work mainly, but not exclusively, in the Financial Services sector and their clients call on them to deliver the most challenging assignments going. They’re proud of the outstanding work they deliver to their clients and aim to significantly exceed client expectations on each project they undertake.
- Data Science is a core part of their customer-facing work, with previous and current Data Science engagements including:
- Using Data Science to diagnose the reasons for under-performance in a client product portfolio, along with remediation actions required to address this shortfall;
- Developing novel applications of Data Science to help better understand the client’s Customers, Markets, Products and Competitors;
- Developing Machine Learning algorithms and tools to help improve client data quality and data consistency;
- Using Machine Learning to improve the delivery of a large portfolio of client projects;
- Using Data Science to help detect fraud and ensure compliance with Anti Money Laundering obligations;
- Design, build, delivery and operation of Data Science innovation laboratories, including provision of interim specialist resources to help embed the new labs.
For all their roles, it is essential for you to have a minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience of undertaking Data Science in a commercial or applied R&D environment and that you are comfortable working on client sites as part of an embedded team. You must also have excellent client-handling skills, be a fluent communicator in written and spoken English and be able to work with a diverse range of client staff – from recent graduates through to senior management.
Their hands-on Data Scientists are highly skilled at deriving insight from large, complex, data sets using a range of different platforms and technologies. They work in languages such as R and Python and work with both structured and unstructured data sets. Normally, their Data Scientists work as part of a multi-disciplinary, agile, team that also includes Business Analysts, Data Engineers and Data Visualisation SMEs.
Their strategic Data Science role holders must also be able to undertake hands-on Data Science investigations but, in addition, must have direct experience of designing, building and/or operating a Data Science service, such as a laboratory or similar team/capability. These roles often involve liaison with very senior client stakeholders and require exceptional strategy and technology foresight skills. You will normally have a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Data Science to be considered, although this is not an essential requirement of the post. It is, however, an essential requirement that you have previously worked on at least one Data Science capability definition/delivery project, as outlined above.
Please note also that you must be willing to work up to 4 days per week on one or more of our clients’ sites as part of this role and we are not able to guarantee from the outset at which client site you will be based. We will, of course, do all we can to locate our staff in their preferred location(s), but you must be prepared to travel to, and work, in UK locations.
- 3 years’ hands-on Data Science experience in a commercial environment (for all customer-facing roles)
- Broad understanding and experience of ML and AI principles (key assumptions and benefits of ML and AI; algorithm types; experiment design; limitations of ML and AI etc)
- Confident ML software coding skills (preferably in Python, R and SQL)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with ML libraries (such as scikitlearn and/or TensorFlow)
- Strong in statistical data analysis (e.g. for data visualisation, data insights and feature engineering)
- Passion for Data Science, actively seeking out opportunities for learning and development.
- Confident in working autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Fluent communicator in both written and spoken English, with an engaging personality and a professional, yet approachable, style
- Excellent presentation and report-writing skills
- Strong client-handling skills, able to deal maturely with client requests and challenges
- A Master’s degree in maths, physics, computer science or other highly numerate discipline from a leading university
In-depth experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Information retrieval
- Text mining
- Neural networks
- Bayesian models
- Graph theory
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Recommendation engines
If you are interested in finding out more about this position please apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and LinkedIn