As a Data Warehouse Designer, you'll perform a key role within their delivery team, responsible for crafting and influencing technical designs and ensuring that outcomes are achieved in compliance with the RDW standards and principles.
You'll engage with Designers and Engineers within their partner teams, onshore and offshore.. You'll also work closely with various partners including end users and business SMEs The RDW is developed using Oracle and IBM Datastage on an AIX platform.
What team will I be working for?
You will be working within Enterprise Transformation within the Group Transformation Division that has around 100 colleagues and contractors situated in different locations around the UK.
Risk Value Stream delivers technology-enabled business change across the Retail, Commercial, Core and Operational Risk business areas. They deliver technology-based solutions which are commensurate with their standards and policies and provide a high quality service by acknowledged professionals. They're fully committed to using Agile methodologies and employing new tools and techniques to increase the pace and predictability of change within their delivery portfolio, by constantly increasing automation and process improvement.
Where can you make a difference?
• You’ll identify solutions and design options and assess them for technical and business suitability
• You’ll work closely with developers and a variety of technical partners to ensure quality of design and delivery
• You’ll share your own knowledge and technical expertise with others within Platform team through consultation, providing advice, and mentoring less experienced colleagues
• You’ll be passionate about and interested in technical industry sector developments
What we need from you:
• You’ll have experience in software design and development, working within a Data Warehouse
• You’ll have experience working with the following technical tools: IBM (InfoSphere DataStage version 9.5 or similar ETL tool), Tivoli Workload Scheduler, RDMS (Oracle) and Data Modelling (using ER Studio)
• Any knowledge of of Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies, SQL Developer / TOAD or the IBM InfoSphere suite of applications would be beneficial but not essential for this role.
If you would like to apply for this role then please call me directly on 0141 370 9912 or send me a copy of your CV to email@example.com