Deployment Engineer – Aberdeen
Would you like to join Software House working at bleeding edge and be involved in challenging and rewarding projects? Are you passionate about infrastructure and deployment technologies? Would you be willing to take ownership of this area within the business? Then this may be a role that would you would like to discuss!
We are looking for a Deployment/Support Engineer with hands-on-experience in Containerized Platforms (Docker and Kubernetes) and virtual/traditional infrastructure, along with an understanding of modern DevOps concepts. You will work directly with clients, ensuring they can deploy technology quickly and successfully.
- Assisting clients with deployment of new technology
- Deploying applications using Infrastructure as Code
- Supporting on-premise and client cloud environments for installation process
- Assisting clients by creating workflows that ensure faster deployment of software
- Using automation to reduce manual work
- Supporting business and client requests via a ticketing and change management system
- Strong knowledge and experience managing infrastructure, including firewalls, load balancers, virtualization platforms, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux administration and troubleshooting skills
- Scripting experience in at least one major language (BASH, Python, Ruby)
- Strong knowledge of git version control
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols
- Strong knowledge of container management (Docker)
Desired but not required:
- Experience with Docker Swarm
- MySQL and NoSQL database administration
- CI/CD experience (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI)
- Solid knowledge of Docker Compose scripting
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes (Pivotal PKS a plus)
Please send your CV or call Freddie Kydd in order to be considered for this great opportunity.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@BEITresourcing) and Linked In