Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for an Automaton Engineer who is responsible for driving, developing, and executing the automation strategy for each release. You will write code to test code, therefore this role will only suit someone that can code, ideally with an Object Oriented Programming language.
As Developer in Test / Automation Engineer you will:
Define the automation testing strategy based on business value and code coverage for assigned features or product areas, by collaborating and innovating with other team members to design, code, and execute automated tests. Write and maintain automation test scripts for functional, integration, and system tests. Create and maintain test harnesses or testing tools for API and service level tests. Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for Automation tests.
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, Python, and/or Java.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills
- Has ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Experience with a test case management system, defect reporting system, version control system
- Experience with administering and installing software on Unix environments
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience identifying test conditions from a test basis and generating and documenting test cases
- Previous experience within a software testing role using tools such as Selenium Web Driver or Bash Script or Ant Script
If you are a Developer in Test or an Automation Engineer who can code with an Object Oriented Programming language, then get in touch with Alastair Philp to discuss.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and LinkedIn