This is a fantastic opportunity for a Developer in Test to work with a global analytics company.
The Engineer is responsible for delivering the fully-tested localisation of each release.
The Engineer assists in diagnosing, tracing, and resolving customer localisation support issues. The Engineer resolves linguistic issues with vendors and expands their knowledge and use of industry-leading localisation concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the translation processes
- Assists in the daily running of Computer Aided Translation (CAT) and Translation Memory (TM) tools
- Write and maintains automation test scripts to facilitate testing on translation environments and automates flows
- Designs and delivers automated testing suites
- Test, document, maintain and enhance the translation kits
- Work with external localisation agencies, internal QA, and development teams, to resolve issues found during localisation of multiple languages
- Performs active testing in multiple languages for multiple products
- Automate features and screen capture of localised scenariosand new functionality across all products
- Test requirements and provides feedback on gaps, inaccuracies, inconsistencies, ambiguities, and suggests improvements
- Contribute suggestions and ideas to improve quality
- Contribute and assist in delivery of UI localization tests as appropriate
- Manage, configure, and maintain test environments
- Execute tests and review results
- Refine and enhance interactions with TM, both agency and engineering side
- Identify log and resolve linguistic issues
- Ensure timely delivery of language packs
- Innovate to take advantage of new technologies, including machine learning and machine translation.
- Report issues in defect tracking system, providing good, qualified information that will help with diagnosis and resolution
- Prioritise and escalate issues appropriately
- Provide regular updates about self-development and learning needs to mentor / line manager
- Report daily progress of your tasks to team lead
- Proactive in communicating with other technical teams to resolve issues, including DevOps and feature teams.
- Effective communication with geographically-distributed team members
- Test Activities are identified and planned to address risks and impact
- Automation activities planned
- Plan to improve TM workflow
Skills and Experience
- Experience or knowledge of translation memory tools, such as XTM, CrowdIn, Transifex, MemoQ
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, Python, and/or Java.
- JSON, RESTful services and similar related technologies
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills
- Be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading practices
- Experience with a test case management system, defect reporting system, version control system
- Experience with administering and installing software on Linux and Microsoft environments
- Experience with database management systems and SQL
Please apply for immediate consideration.