Are you a Software Development Manager passionate about developing people in your team? Would you enjoy leading a large team in a large and complex environment? Do you have background in Data Warehousing and desire to work on exciting cloud focused projects? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with one of Scotland’s biggest and fastest moving technology organisations to source a Development Manager in role leading team developing data applications. This will be team lead focussed role for someone with proven background on motivating and mentoring teams of developers.
- Manage and participate in the delivery and support of the full software development lifecycle in a data engineering environment
- Growing and supporting our talent and succession plans
- Continued line management and professional development of direct reports
- Definition of the development approach for projects, including advising on the development phases required
- Manage and track throughput of work and quality, monitoring progress and providing feedback
- Identify, document and manage all significant Project Risks and Issues regarding development
- Contribute to and drive best practice data engineering standards
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Experience of managing internal and off-shore software development teams.
- Previous experience in stakeholder management, working with various business levels
- Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Adaptable to change, open to new ideas, and the ability to take on new responsibilities
- Experience of managing teams working on multiple projects
- Experienced in leading and implementing new innovative solutions within a complex environment
- Experience of defining and implementing waterfall, agile and hybrid/custom development approaches
- Understanding of Data Warehousing including such technologies as Informatica, Ab Initio, Netezza, Hadoop, SQL
- Not essential but advantageous to have some experience on cloud projects
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.