Do you want to move your career forward in a key leadership position with a high-performing software development business? Do you want to work for a business that delivers critical front-line software to the financial services industry?
The Development Manager reports to the Head of Delivery and is a key part of the development team. This influential and important leadership position is responsible for delivering high quality software within both product and implementation projects as well as manage and drive the delivery plan for product releases. The Development Manager manages the development process, ensuring that each team is planning and progressing development effectively, to agreed processes and required high-standards. The teams must be kept motivated, feel supported and stay committed to delivering high quality software within agreed timescales.
What we need from you is demonstrable experience in the following areas:
Technical prowess -
- Excellent understanding and application of software design, implementation and deployment
- Proven experience and strong capability of .Net development
- Working knowledge of:
- C#.Net, ASP.Net
- OO design
- Relational databases e.g. MS SQL Server 2012
- Web services
- Windows operating systems
- XML, XSD and XSLT
Strength in management, leadership and influencing those around you -
- Have or be able to assimilate a strong understanding of the technologies used at Focus to enable you to assess the effectiveness of your team and where knowledge gaps exist.
- Experienced of leading multiple, concurrent development teams in the delivery of enterprise software.
- Worked and had exposure in a financial services environment.
- Excellent organisation, analytical and communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate and influence both verbally and in writing.
- Proven at building and maintaining strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Have experience of planning, managing and tracking project deliveries.
- Resolute but diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and highly disciplined with a natural drive, energy and enthusiasm as well as a ‘can do, will do’ approach.
- Flexibility in role, approach and skills.
The responsibilities around this role include:
- Own, manage and drive the detailed Product delivery plan from signed-off requirements through to software release and deliver to agreed milestones.
- Assign resources to delivery teams balancing business and personal development goals.
- Develop a strong team ethos and commitment to delivering high quality software.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including Implementation Managers, Programme Manager, Product Manager & Leadership Team.
- Work closely with the Test Manager to ensure that development and test activities are closely aligned.
- Actively support customer-facing teams ensuring that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage a group of Development Team Leaders including hiring, performance management, career development, objective setting and work assignments.
- Build, manage and develop the best possible software development team, enabling them to work as efficiently as possible by providing the appropriate processes, training, skills and support and by resolving impediments that are stopping them making efficient progress.
- Work with the Head of Delivery to establish, implement and continuously improve software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Ability and willingness to take on development tasks for short periods when this is required.
The business you will be joining:
A renowned software house who provide front-line software solutions for the financial services industry.
The business works with leading financial advisors at both firm and network level, retail and high street banks, products providers and mortgage lenders, with notable customers and business partners.
With a strong track record of providing expert advice and business automation, CRM, training and competence, and financial planning solutions, they deliver high value solutions across a broad range of products such as investments, pensions, protection, mortgages and general insurance.
Offering a proven core platform which sits at the heart of their clients’ business as well as specialist on-demand tools, they create and deliver highly complex, involved software products.
Interested and want to apply?
Garry Burns at Be-IT Resourcing is the man to contact for a confidential discussion on this role and your suitability - 0131 344 4789 | firstname.lastname@example.org