Development Team Lead – Agile - Edinburgh
Would you enjoy a challenging Development Team Lead role with software house in Edinburgh city centre that works with international clients across the globe? Would you enjoy role in growing fintech organisation where you are responsible for manage a mixed stack group of developers across the Database, Server and UI chapters, reporting to the Head of Development? Then we have opportunity that you may well want to discuss in more detail.
About the role
You will provide support to members of the Development team in the form of coaching, code reviews and technical leadership, as well as supporting the professional development of the team through targeted training, goal setting and mentoring. You will also be required to write Technical Specifications with the Solution Architect and participate in hands-on development or prototyping.
This will include such duties as;
- Ensuring all team members are following the companies coding standards and processes.
- Liaising with the Solution and Technical Architects to ensure the specifications and estimates are accurate
- Investigating new technologies to suggest these for introduction to the product roadmap
- Reviewing and implementing software tools to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Increasing business knowledge to become more functionally focused.
- Conducting one-to-ones with team members and completing performance appraisals
- High degree of proficiency in one of the following technologies Java, .NET or PL/SQL.
- Experience in the 'Agile' development methodology.
- Confident technical coach, ensuring Development team are able to complete their role to the best of their ability.
- Drives conversations in Team Discussions to ensure all are developing to process, and to the correct level of quality.
- Actively communicates to Technical Delivery Managers, Technical Architects, Solution Architects and peers.
- Understanding and use of Source Control, Jira
- Ideally experience of working with financial markets applications, with exposure to both real-time and also database transaction processing applications.
Working from a modern open-plan office in Edinburgh city centre you will also be given the opportunity of international travel.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.