DevOps Engineer – Linux - Scotland
Are you an IT professional passionate about DevOps looking for a role where you can use cutting edge technologies on major projects? Do you have excellent LAMP stack experience and desire to use skills in large and complex environment? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with one of Scotland’s biggest, fastest moving and complex technology organisations to source a DevOps Engineer. This is a rare opportunity to join large team providing key services and solutions in market leading organisation and will offer excellent further career and skill development.
- Drive best technology and software development practices with passion and enthusiasm
- Put effective automation at the centre of what we do
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
- Establish and execute platform compliance and support processes
- Providing efficient production support and issue resolution
- Liaise with teams providing dynamic development, stage and production environments
- Supporting and working alongside development teams to ensure they have the best facilities
- Own and manage relationships with multiple suppliers and/ or internal teams
- Investigate new technologies to drive the platform forward
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Excellent Linux systems administration
- Experience of a wide variety of open source technologies and tools, such as; Puppet, Git, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudfoundry,
- Experience of delivering software using continuous delivery and deployment approaches
Ability to code and script in multiple languages (Node.js, Elixir, Ruby, Java, Perl, Go, Groovy)
- Good understanding of HTTP, certificates etc.
- Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile
- Experience of monitoring and log manipulation solutions, such as; AppDynamics, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Influx, Kafka
- Experience of ESX and Virtual Data Centre
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.