DevOps Engineer – AWS - Edinburgh
Are you a DevOps Engineer looking for next challenge? Would you welcome opportunity to join growing team at small agile organisation where you will be key part of team delivering cutting edge applications to market? Would you enjoy working with team of very talented software engineers in a relaxed city centre office? If so you may want to discuss this role in more detail.
This is an Edinburgh based role in start-up environment working with talented team in technically challenging and stimulating sector. You will be part of project to migrate the development infrastructure into the cloud and you will plan, undertake and manage this transition within an active development environment. You will also be involved with project to refactor much of their CI system, moving to a cloud hosted system with finer grain pipelines.
Responsibilities will include;
- Design and implement new product features
- Maintain existing systems, plan and migrate systems into the cloud in a 24x7 uptime production environment
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production systems
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing GCP based production systems
- Maintain Atlassian Jira (issue tracking) and Bitbucket (Source Control) currently hosted on premises. Plan and migrate these systems into the cloud.
- Involvement with test planning and pre-production system testing to ensure release quality
- Maintenance of a robust security posture for on-premises machines and the cloud deployments
- A passion for DevOps and Continuous Integration systems
- Significant experience using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, DynamoDB, ALB, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch)
- Software development experience preferably in Golang or Python
- Packer and Ansible for deployment of AWS AMI machine images
- Docker and DockerHub for container management
- Mobile development and build environments including Gradle and Xcode
- Strong scripting skills in bash
- Exposure and understanding of Hashicorp Terraform and AWS CloudFormation
- Linux system administration
- Excellent problem solving skills to resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
Any further skills in any of the following would be beneficial;
Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, Kibana, InfluxDB, Grafana, iOS and Android.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.