Be-IT are currently working with a Consultancy who are looking to revolutionise the industry with their unique approach and are about to embark on an exciting array of projects across the UK.
They have had great success within the London market in the Financial Services and Utilities space and are looking forward to expanding their reach within the UK.
Are you a technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation in the web services world? Are you passionate about building automation tool on AWS Cloud Infrastructure? If yes, then this is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with an organisation that is renowned for offering fantastic training, use latest technologies, working to the latest methodologies and working together as part of a global development team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane and efficient processes, procedures and automation. You will own goals to consistently drive down operational load and increase efficiencies in every component of the team’s work. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer/team experience, and get the right things done.
Key Skills and Experience
- Good experience working as part of a Scaled Agile team using SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, XP · A team player, dedicated to security (e.g., OWASP), protecting confidential information
- Build automation, continuous integration, delivery and deployment using JIRA, JIRA APIs, Slack Integrations, Bamboo, GitHub, GitHub APIs, GitLabs, AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Circle CI, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Good experience with Architecture, Configuration and Management of AWS services (RDS-PostgreSQL, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloudfront,etc)
- Hands on knowledge in leveraging Orchestration (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk) and Container (e.g. Docker) services.
- SQL / NoSQL Database configuration and management - especially Postgres, MongoDB
- DevOps - Monitoring and alerting, performance and scaling; ensure failover, reliability via snapshots, multi availability zone.
- Excellent production debugging skills, disciplined documentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle - including TDD, BDD and code scanning
- Be accountable, available and responsive. You will take the lead on all production outages (product and tools) and collaborate with the engineering team to resolve quickly.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Data Modeling skills w/ SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Hands on experience in working with pen testing tools.
- Have a desire to want to learn the product and work closely with QA (automation, Selenium- if needed) to help drive our quality objectives.
- Experience working on a SaaS marketplace platform desirable
- Regulated financial services experience a bonus.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position please apply online or apply directly to email@example.com
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and LinkedIn