My client is an International Business with one of the biggest web-based platforms in the world and currently has over 6 million registered users. Their platform handles tens of thousands of requests a second across hundreds of services; it’s critical to the company’s success that this platform remains available and rapidly scalable and the DevOps team have a leading role in making that happen. Their growing team features a diverse range of skills, from generalist to specialist, but one thing our team does have in common is a deep understanding of how our system works and hangs together.
They’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
What you’ll do
- Write software that enables our engineering team to push changes to development, performance testing, and production environments dozens of times a day.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Work in collaboration with development work-streams to provide operational consultancy on behalf of the infrastructure team.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
- Push changes to production within the first week.
- Build, deploy and maintain the architecture that’s critical to our clients success.
- Learn from others, and be a coach and mentor to other engineers, irrespective of experience.
- Guide continuous deployment as an active member of the development team.
Characteristics of candidates who are successful
Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment, preferably AWS.
Strong communication skills.
Strong desire to automate.
Flexible in learning and working with new technologies.
Enjoy solving challenging problems with highly trafficked architecture.
Linux systems administration, including python or ruby scripting experience.
Configuration management experience, preferably puppet or chef.
Desirable Skills but not essential
- CI / CD expertise.
- Technical experience in managing a highly available cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience with distributed systems
- Hands on knowledge of container orchestration
- Experience of building scalable, concurrent, high-availability systems